Saturday, September 17, 2011

Keith Richards

In 1990, I had just completed my first Electric Nylon guitar when Pierre DeBeauport, then guitar tech for The Rolling Stones, came to the shop to prepare us for working on their instruments in preparation for The Steel Wheels tour.  I showed the Electric Nylon to Pierre and he thought Keith Richards might be interested in it, so I let him take it to Keith to try out.  Keith loved it, purchased #1 and ordered #2.  He used them on the Steel Wheels tour, including on "Paint It Black" and "Ruby Tuesday".

A few weeks ago, Chuck Loeb sent me a photo of Will Lee wearing the following tee shirt!


To view a clip from this concert, go to the following link and start at 14:00 minutes for "Ruby Tuesday".  "Paint it Black", with a great intro by Keith, begins at 39:40.



No comments:

Post a Comment